Thursday, May 27, 2010

First Tutoring experience - In adult literacy Projects .....

Hmm.. today had my first tutoring experience and met my first student, Mr. P. It was a complete 1.5 hrs tutoring experience. Today's batch had around 10+ students and few students were coupled together bcoz of lack of volunteers, but i got one student and he gets the privilege and can be tagged as "my first student". He is pretty old and except name, we both didn't share any other personal info. He was keen to know my country but we are not supposed to share those info and hence i grinned for that question :)

I felt myself and Mr.P are the two people who laughed a lot during the class, may be its because i am the youngest tutor among all.. yes... you read it right, i am the youngest tutor there. Oh ya.. how can i forget it.. he told me, i am his gud teacher and i was almost spell bounded when he called me as"Mam"/ "Teacher" :). May be someone calling me as "Teacher" for the first time..He also added that i shud be really patient to teach him English, i m very much impatient in personal life but n professional life, I am totally patient. But today, i was really patient..At the end of the class, when asked by the Pgm Coordinator regarding the rapport b/w myself and my student, Mr. P replied directly to the Coordinator that i may not like him since i ended up teaching the basic spelling in English for him. My last sentence before leaving the place was " After all that's why i am here and he is doing really Gr8 !!!" .... :) :)

At the end of the day, a perfect self-satisfactory 1.5 hrs teaching experience... and looking fwd to go there weekly once

-S Ak

1 comment: