Saturday, May 22, 2010

Registered for my first project with Hand-on Charlotte

Well, in my last post have informed about the registeration with Red-Cross and Hands-On Groups. Had my orientation with Hands-On last week and BC was cleared, hence eligible to sign-up projects with 'em.

When i was looking for my area of interest, Literacy is one of it and so signed-in for tutoring a student at CPCC - Central Piedmont Community College. Core subjects are Maths and English. I am looking forward for weekly once schedule, starting this week. Called a best buddy of mine to inform about my sign-up 'thing' and got a response back in a typical male voice " Is that something gr8 for you to be excited ??????-- "..Ugh................ !!!!!!!...May be its not something gr8, but i m kinda inclined towards it.. thats all.. Lets see how it goes !!

I, coming to Red-Cross part, have showed up interest for projects such as Fundraising, Youth Education regarding disaster services awareness. Online orientation is still pending from my end and waiting on BC results. With that said, Red-Cross have pretty challenging projects like Ambassadors and many more which requires mandatory training and require lots of tours. So with my daily work schedule and horrifying gmat lol, other projects with 'em would be a tough call.

Oh ya, a cousin of mine with his friends, have adopted a village near chennai and I came to know about that recently, showed up my interest and now waiting for them to get back.

- S Ak

2 comments: