Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Motivational scene at 6.15 PM ET

6.15 PM ET - Time i left from work today. Till then, i was planning to post a blog on a MBA event I am planning to attend next week in Charlotte. But a scene happened then, changed the post's subject.

Just started to walk from office towards parking lot, an approx 5 mins walk. Its a pedestrian signal for the road across my foot path. A kind-hearted lady, presuming she is an associate for the client company i work for, was helping a person - who has lost his sight ( Not sure if he is blind at birth or lost in the middle.. either way... ) - towards the pedestrian crossing. Yah..I know this guy. "The MAN of the Scene ", Mr. B is from the same building-org-domain for the client company I work for. He has been with the company for years and guess what, he is a REAL Expert in the application that for an ultimate clueless solution, people end up reaching him. I have been with him for couple of meetings ( on phone though !!) and he is a very confident person to quote.

When he was crossing, the scene made me to stop there for a while to make sure he reaches the bus stop safely. 10 foot steps away, I saw the lady - who helped him - was standstill making sure he is fine. Yes, everyday he comes by bus,goes out for lunch, and goes back home by bus - all by himself. I was spellbounded to see his confidence while he was crossing the 'uptown' pedesterian crossing. We have come across many people in our lives who are legally blind but this person whom i see everyday at work just crossed my mind today as a motivational example or even a perfect example of Confidence and Attitude. Just my thoughts on a scene i came across today......

- S Ak

1 comment:

  1. really awesome post. I just read it. i think we should learn something from that quote and can implement in our life.Thank you for sharing such a nice story.


    ICSE Admission Mumbai | Mumbai schools

    ReplyDelete